Thursday, March 8, 2018

My Morning Routine feat NYX Cosmetics ~ Review + Swatches

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I aim to wake up an hour and a half before my kids so I can shower and get ready in peace. It doesn't always work out how I plan though - sometimes they wake up early. On those days, I switch over to my 10 minute routine. Brows, base, eyeshadow (on lids only), highlight and lipstick.

pin-up pout thats the point eyeliner hella fine

I was recently sent a fun little package of NYX goodies to test out. Curious to know what has become a staple in my morning routine? Read on and find out!

nyx highlight contour palette

3 Steps to Sculpt ($18) is a handy little palette to have. It has three pressed powders (glow highlight, matte highlight and sculpt) and it's more than enough to give you a perfectly chiseled complexion. I was gifted the medium shade, and although it's slightly dark for me now, it will be perfect in the summer. I've been using the glow powder though, and I love it! It goes on super creamy, can be blended down or built up. It is a bit sparkly, so if thats not your thing, you likely won't be a fan.

contour highlight glow swatches

Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I love NYX lippies. They're affordable, comfortable and long wearing. Up until now I had only tried their liquid lipsticks - boy have I been missing out! Pin-Up Pout combines vivid, long wearing colour with comfort. It's available in 24 shades and I am the proud owner of two - 07 Almost Famous (Dusty Mauve) and 23 Flashy (Deep Purple with Blue Undertone).

pin up pout flashy

Pin-Up Pout ($10) comes housed in a plain black tube. It has a sharp point that makes lining and filling the lips a breeze. They apply smoothly, opaque and are definitely comfortable. I don't find them overly long wearing, but I don't mind. I can reapply as needed 😉

pin-up pout 23 flashy

The new Matte Lid Lingerie ($9) has quickly become a favourite of mine! It's available in 12 shades and I'm currently crushing on the shade Dynamic (pale pink). Much like the Lip Lingeries, these provide a sheer wash of colour. Pro tip: you can totally build these up to opaque coverage! Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from these, but lo and behold I'm super impressed! They look natural, feel comfortable and are so easy to apply. I like to use a brush (or my finger in a pinch) to blend them out and up through my crease. They dry quickly and don't budge; best part is that they don't crease. I need more of them in my life!

nyx liquid eyeshadow


When it comes to eyeliner, I'm no pro. You would think that after close to 2 decades of wearing makeup I could get it right - nope. Seeing how thin and small the That's The Point eyeliner in Hella Fine ($14) was gave me hope. I find its small size easy to make a thin line (my favourite) and it's perfect for tiny cat eyes. Its super black and long wearing too which is a huge bonus. But I still can't get my wings right 😕

nyx cosmetics that's the point eyeliner hella fine

nyx cosmetics that's the point eyeliner hella fine swatch

nyx cosmetics that's the point eyeliner hella fine swatch

NYX is by far one of my favourite drugstore brands to buy as their products are consistently good.  And they're priced right.




You can find these products online at nyxcosmetics.ca and in-store at select Shoppers Drug Marts.






*this post features samples generously provided for editorial consideration. As always, all opinions are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment