Sunday, January 17, 2016

Glamsense Club~TRESemme Beauty-Full Volume Line


 I recently received my very first glamsense box! I was selected to test and review the TRESemme box.  As you all know I love to test new products so this was very exciting.  What made this experience unique was the fact that I had absolutely no idea what products were in this box until it arrived.  To my surprise the box contained a full size shampoo,  conditioner and styling treatment from the brand new Beauty-Full Volume line.  As someone who has thin,  fine hair this box was perfect!


Speaking of unique, this isn't your typical shampoo and conditioner combo.  With this line you condition first,  then shampoo.  I have never heard of this before and it really intrigued me.  The idea is that conditioner can weigh hair down,  contributing to a loss of volume. This totally makes sense and I have often felt like my conditioner really weighed my hair down.  Having said that I was worried that my hair would end up looking and feeling like I skipped conditioner.  Luckily for me my assumption was wrong!

The conditioner feels like your average conditioner.  It's not too thick,  spreads well and left my hair feeling soft.  After leaving it in for a few minutes I proceeded to step 2,  shampooing.  The shampoo lathers up well and left my hair feeling clean.  My hair felt conditioned although slightly less than it does after traditional washing and conditioning.

Now on to the third step hair maximizer.  Out of the three products I tried from this line the hair maximizer was my least favourite. I have tried using a little of the product, a lot of it and somewhere in between and I didn't get the results I had hoped for. I blow dried my hair upside down and then used a large round brush to try and build volume. I was able to achieve some volume on my lengths but very little at my roots. The volume I did get lasted a few hours before it started to fall flat. In all fairness my hair is quite fine so that could have something to do with it. I did like the way it held my style in place without feeling hard. My hair felt soft and I was able to run my fingers through it.


All in all the concept is neat and the shampoo and conditioner worked as well as I expected them to.  I would purchase them in the future however I won't be purchasing the hair maximizer.

Have you tried this line?  If so what did you think?

1 comment: