Thursday, June 23, 2016

NeoStrata's Skin Resurfacing Duo


Exfoliating your skin is an important part of any skincare routine.  In order for your skin to glow you need to slough off those dead skin cells.  If done right you'll be left with radiant skin,  if done wrong you can be doing your skin more harm than good (breakouts,  skin tears and more).

There are many different forms of exfoliating (masks,  peels, physical exfoliants, etc) and finding what works for you is key.  Today I'm going to share with you one of my personal favourite exfoliating systems,  NeoStrata's Skin Resurfacing Duo. Here's a brief description as found on NeoStrata's website

"Ideal for a quick fix for dull skin concentrating on more resistent dry skin areas. This duo will give you quick results with no downtime."

This product is marketed for all ages and skin types.  It's a two step process where you use both crystals and an activator. These are the instructions provided both on the website and directly on the packaging.

Apply Crystals. Massage gently for 1 minute. Apply Activator over Crystals. For sensitive skin, mix both products in the palm of hand before applying. Massage gently for 2 minutes. Rinse. Can be used 1-3 times weekly on face, neck, décolleté and hands.

I don't have particularly sensitive skin so I use it following the two step directions.  I also like to use the extra product on my hands to exfolitate them as well ;)

The crystals are very small and have a nice light scent to them.  A little goes a long way and I find them to be quite gentle.  The activator is a clear gel that's fairly runny. When applied on top of the crystals they react and turn white in appearance.  Its actually pretty neat to watch!  After the allotteded time is up, you rinse the duo off with warm water.  It's very easy to wash off unlike some exfoliants that just don't want to budge.

As soon as the product is rinsed my face feels instantly smoother and looks radiant. The first few times I used it my face was a bit 'pink' from the friction but it quickly dissipated after I applied my serum and cream.  Since using this regularly (3x a week) I have noticed that my skin is much healthier.

You can purchase it at most mass drugstores (I buy it at Shoppers) and it retails for around $75.  This duo will last quite a while so although the price may seem steep at first,  it will give you many uses.

Have you tried the Skin Resurfacing Duo? Would you like to?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you won my Lorac Pro 3 Palette giveaway! =) Please send me your shipping info at zovtdtc@gmail.com and I'll ship it ASAP. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete